Sunday, November 21, 2010

So it's been a while...

I know. I am the worst blogger ever. I just get so lazy in these short, dark fall days. It's like my seasonal affective disorder kicks in as soon as summer ends...no more late nights, no more sunshine...just a deep, dark long winter filled with sleep, cuddles and books.
Lately I have not been feeling quite like myself. Maybe because of the weather I am not sure...but I just feel kind of bored with myself lately. Like I have no ambitions, no goals or nothing to be excited about at the current time. Perhaps I am bored because I am finally just content with my life...nice condo, awesome friends, best boyfriend, good job....everything is just fine. There are no obstacles to overcome, no challenges to endure....and that seems great, but am I crazy for being unhappy?
Maybe unhappy is the wrong choice of word, but bored may be more like it. I feel like I need something new to take up and occupy my time. I feel like I would like to work towards a new accomplishment of some sort, but what?

I was thinking of taking some night classes in either french or communications. Maybe get an extra job to make some extra cash? Or taking up a new hobby...something crafty of somesort. Of course, with the holidays fast approaching I may hold off until the new year. For now I have my trip to Cuba to look forward to over the Xmas break. It will be a great time to get away and just relax with my family and have some fun. I haven't been on a trip since Vegas in May, so this is a much deserved getaway!

Today Shannon and I put up our Xmas tree in the condo. It looks wonderful and girly! It is white with hot pink decorations....how appropriate right!? It is a small tree and is perfect for the condo. On Wednesday I think we are going to make my Disney Princess gingerbread house :) Time to get into that holiday spirit!! I am almost done all my shopping (I did most of it online), just a few small things left to get and I will be done.

I don't even know what I want this year...I hate asking for gifts because if I want something I will just buy it myself. I like thoughtful gifts that are surprises. I think that's what makes me really feel special. :)

I hope to write more this week...but I can't make any promises. :) :)
TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment