Friday, August 26, 2011

Am I Too Old To Wear That?


Hello friends,
Hope you are enjoying what is left of summer. It's that time of year again...back to school!! Haha. Oh how I miss my school days. I wish I could go back. I always loved back to school time. Getting new clothes, buying new school supplies. I especially loved the smell of the school supplies!
But anyways. This post is about Back To School/Fall Fashions!
So I have been sauntering around the malls lately, and I don't know, but I feel like I am too old for some of the items on display. The stores I am so used to frequenting like H&M, Forever 21, and Winners seem to be getting a bit too "young" for me. The other day I noticed a cute grey skirt that I wanted to buy, but as I looked around the store at the younger girls picking it up, I thought to myself "Maybe this isn't age appropriate?"


Being 25 feels so much older than 24! At least when I was 24, I was in the early-ish twenties and could get away with little skirts and funky bracelets and neat hats. Now, that I am in my dreadful "mid" twenties, I feel like if I wear something a little orginal, I look like a 25 year old pretending to be a teenager going through an identity crisis.


Am I wrong to be thinking this way? Or am I just aging myself? Sorry folks, I am not taking this being 25 thing very well!


All this talk about clothes makes me want to shop for a whole new fall wardrobe. Not that I need anymore clothes! In fact last weekend my friend hosted a clothing swap where we alll brought clothes we didn't wear and traded. It was quite fun and I got a few cute finds. But I am addicted to clothes, so of course I still want more! Yesterday I bought myself some very cute black flats with bows on the front from Payless. And now I am thinking, "Are bows okay for 25 year olds to wear?"


They were too cute to pass up and I think I can still get away with them :) Here is the pic, let me know your opinions.




Other items on my list for the fall season include:

-A new pair of Dr.Marten's boots
I know! How early 90s of me! But hello! They are totally back in! There is even a Dr.Marten's store right by my work that offers the most selection I have ever seen. It is quite tempting, and I have been wanting a pair now for a couple months. I think I would just like a basic black pair. Midlength. Classy!








-Beautiful Fall Coat

I bought an ivory coloured one a few years ago, but it just always looks dirty! Note to self, never buy white coats. They always end up a disaster and are a hard to clean. Coffee spills and makeup stains? No thanks! So this year I would like to buy myself a lovely trench coat in black. Fitted and chic. All young professionals need one of these in her closet!


-Basic 3/4 length shirts

One in every colour please. Great for work and practical for the weekend too!


-Puffy Vest

Preferably with a hood. These are perfect for crisp days where you don't want to wear a coat but still want to be warm.
More to be added soon I am sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment