Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fooled Ya!!


Happy April Fool’s Day everybody!! It’s finally April, finally feeling a bit more like Spring! Today I chucked the winter coat and busted out my new blue spring Bench jacket. It felt nice not being so bulky. I normally don’t like participating in April Fool’s day tricks, but I was feeling a bit funny today and wanted to play a prank on my boyfriend Eric. After lunch, I got back to my desk at work and brainstormed some ideas. I thought about telling him I won a trip or a car, but that seemed too unreal and I don’t like tricks that involve getting people’s hopes up! Then I had an even better idea! I created a story about a pet adoption that was happening at work and that I adopted a black lab puppy named Pepper! As I laughed at my little story, wondering if he would even believe it, I quickly sent him a text telling him the “good news”.

The texts that transcribed were as follows:

Tasha @ 1:40pm: I just adopted a puppy from animal house calls! It can be ours I am so excited!! :)

Eric @ 1:40pm: What? What are you doing?

Tasha @ 1:41pm:

There was a pet adoption at work! I had to have it!

Eric @ 1:41pm: Umm no. Where are you going to put it?

Tasha @ 1:42pm: In our new house silly :P His name is Pepper!

Eric @ 1:42pm: U need to seriously think about this. Cause we don’t even have a house. That was a mistake getting that puppy.

Tasha @ 1:43pm: Omg. I can’t give it back now! I just signed adoption papers!! It’s a black lab puppy!!

Eric @ 1:43pm: Not happening and I don’t want it. Wtf were you thinking!? U better be joking because this 100% won’t happen.

Tasha @ 1:44pm: Omg how can you not be excited about this?!

Eric @ 1:45pm: I’m not getting a dog. You better figure out what YOU are going to do about this Tasha @ 1:46p: :( omg!!

Eric @ 1:46pm: You never thought this thru

Tasha @ 1:47pm: But I couldn’t say no!!

Eric @ 1:48pm: YOUR stuck with it. I think that was irresponsible.

Tasha @ 1:48pm: But I thought you would want to do it with me!! :(

Eric @ 1:49pm: Do what? What r we gonna do with it and where r u putting it? You better tell your parents they r getting another dog.

Tasha @ 1:50pm: But it’s gonna be ours!! Not my parents even!!

Eric @ 1:50pm: It’s YOURS I don’t want it lol

Tasha @ 1:51pm: Eric!! It’s gonna come with us too!!

Eric @ 1:51pm: You should have thought this through. Sorry.

Tasha @ 1:51pm: But it will come to our new house too!

Eric @ 1:52pm: Come with us where and especially if closing won’t be til later. No I don’t want a dog.

Tasha @ 1:52pm: But what will we do with him then L

Eric @ 1:53pm: Don’t say we. I never agreed to adopt him. That’s for you to now figure out. Tasha @ 1:54pm: :( ericcccc how can you say that?

Eric @ 1:55pm: I never adopted him. This is crazy. I don’t want to talk about this right now. You shoulda put some thought into this tash.

Tasha @ 1:56pm: Fine!

After this text, I proceeded to find a fake picture of “Pepper” on Google images and save it as a Paint document and send to Eric. This little joke would have still been going on if I hadn’t done this!! Eric was too smart for me and googled “black lab puppies” and found “Pepper” immediately. I guess I shouldn’t have selected the first image that came up in the search :P Oh well, it was still funny and made my day a little bit brighter! Thanks April Fool’s!! J

1 comment:

  1. AHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

    I love this because I can see you actually adopting a "Pepper" on a Tasha "I've gotta have him!" Moment. TOO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete