Sunday, April 18, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words


Pictures. This post is dedicated to pictures.

Lately I have been yearning to do something creative and fun that would allow me to learn something new. I've always been curious about painting and how to actually work a canvas! Today I decided to drive my bike to the dollar store and just for fun I purchased a few canvas boards, some acrylic paint and some brushes. Now, I am sitting here just admiring my new materials but I have no idea where to start with this whole painting thing. I tried viewing some videos on Youtube which weren't very helpful. I think I might just sketch something first in pencil and see where that takes me. Looking for inspiration is tough, as I am not sure entirely what I want to paint. I would prefer something easy that doesn't have too many details or colours. Perhaps I should have signed up for some type of art class before buying all these things, but where's the sense of fun in that?! Haha.

I was also thinking of taking a photography course. Taking pictures is so much fun, it would be great to learn how to take really neat ones! I am so used to being the story teller through words, that now I want to jump sides and tell stories via photographs.

I feel like all these types of classes are so expensive though and that I could probably teach myself through a book or youtube. It would be nice if there were more classes offered, but it seems there are very few. Art is such a wonderful thing that deserves to be shared amongst the rest of the world, it bothers me when classes are so limited. I remember when I was in grade school art class was only done once a week (usually Friday afternoons) and the teachers treated it as a "fun" class. So if a child was misbheaving, they were not allowed to participate! Can you believe that nonsense? I also remember art being pushed back or cancelled for the week if something else "more important" came about. The shame of it all!
In other news....this week I am going to meet with a Modelling/Acting agency. I have decided that I really want to get into commercials. I remember enrolling with an agency when I was younger with my sister and cousins and it was fun going to the auditions. I don't think my mom liked us doing it very much so we just stopped going. It's always been my dream to be a star, and while this won't get me famous or anything, it will be a nice outlet where I can at least try my luck at getting some TV time :)
That's all for now. Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful Sunny Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment