Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer in the City

Greetings!
So it's been awhile! Sorry I have been terribly busy this month with work, social events and family. It seems as though I am always very busy in the summer months. Every weekend I have something planned and while I enjoy being busy, sometimes I get very overwhelmed and all I really want to do is sleep!
This weather has been up and down, last week was very hot and this week has been rainy and cold. This past Sunday I did my Becel Ride for Heart! Unfortunately I didn't end up doing the full 50k, it was far too windy and rainy for me to continue. But I did 25k which I was really happy about! It wasn't that bad of a ride physically, just the rain ruined it for me. I mean, how often do you get to take your bike and ride along the Gardiner Expressway and DVP! Not everyday!! It was pretty incredible and I promise that I will ride again next year, raise even more money and finish the full 50k!!

In other news...I am hoping to move out this summer. I think it's time. I don't want to jinx it though. I know I've said in the past I was moving....but this time I feel it for real!!! If I can do a bike ride in the disgusting cold rain for 2 hours, I can move downtown. I think in my mind I am making it a bigger deal than it really is. Yes it will be challenging at first, but I will get the hang of it. Kind of the same thing as starting a new job....it's scary at first but once you get the hang of it, it becomes comfortable. I think I just need to dive in and do it. It will take a lot of discipline that's for sure. I may even need an extra side job to support my extravagant lifestyle!!

Anywho, that's all for this post. Gotta go get me some sleep!!

Peace Love and Cocoa Puffs!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment