Thursday, January 13, 2011

Training Day 3: New Kicks!

Today I was feeling a bit sluggish, but I pushed through and did my 2km at a rate of 4.5-5.0. I tried to stay at 5.0 for most of the time and finished in about 17 minutes! Not too shabby!! I am convinced it is because of my new runners!! I went to the running room last night and was thrilled with the service I received. A nice gentleman helped me find the perfect pair first by assessing my feet and then by my running. He brought out a bunch of pairs for me to try, and in the end I ended up getting a nice pair of Asics on sale from 169 to 50 dollars! Amazing! And not to mention they are pink too!!! He also told me about the Run Club that the Running Room offers for free. Basically, you meet every Wednesday night at 6:30pm and go on different routes around the area. There are different routes for a different distance which I thought was really neat. When the weather gets a little warmer, hopefully my roommate and I can join in on the fun. We now have more friends joining the 10km Sporting Life Run!! I am so excited!! This will be a fun thing that we can all do together. It’s so much easier to stick to a fitness schedule and training guide when you know you aren’t the only one doing it. I am proud of my friends and proud of myself for embarking on this journey together.

1 comment:

  1. YAY new kicks!! I love it! The Running Room is SO great! I'm a wimp and refuse to run outside in the winter so I cannot wait until the spring to run outside-- it's the best!

    ReplyDelete