Monday, January 10, 2011

Half Marathon Training Day 1: PUMPED!

January 10, 2011- Training Day 1:
Today was my first official day of training for my half marathon which I plan to run in September in Disneyland with one of my best friends, Siobhan! I have never really been much of a runner, I would say more of a “brisk walker” or “elliptical enthusiast” but running, no way. I guess with me being in such a slump lately, I figured I needed something new to do, a new goal, or a new challenge. When Siobhan mentioned this run to me on the weekend, I was on board as soon as she mentioned Disneyland!! How fun would it be to run through a magical and enchanted theme park with one of your besties and some Disney characters!? Needless to say I am pretty motivated. So yesterday Siobhan sent me my own personal training manual!! I love having a free personal trainer! Haha. When I noticed my guide, I was a little scared. 4km on the first day?! I didn’t think I could do it, but I actually surprised myself when I pushed through it in 40 minutes time at a pace of 4.0-4.5 mph. Normally when I run on the treadmill I never look at distance, just time, so it was nice to have a new goal to work towards. Granted it was at a slow pace today, but at least I have a start! My boyfriend just bought me some new Skullcandy headphones so my music sounded extra loud while working out, plus I just revamped my Ipod on the weekend so I had a whole bunch of new tracks to hit the ground with (special thanks to MSTRKFRT for keeping me pumped up). I had a nice bean salad and chicken wrap for lunch after I ran and I feel amazing. I reported to my “trainer” Siobhan about my first run and she recommends we do the Sporting Life 10k in May. I think I can do it!! And I am excited!! Hopefully we can get some more of our friends to join…the more the merrier J

1 comment: