Monday, December 13, 2010

Dress Rehearsal: Almost Show Time!



Why is it that on night's I go to dance, I have a tough time falling asleep!? I just got in from the group's dress rehearsal for Thursday night's performance and I am giddy with excitment! Everything ran pretty smooth this evening and we are pretty pumped to perform. It turns out there isn't as much scaffolding and pillars that we were anticipating, so there is more room for us to dance. Since we rehearsed after mall hours, the space was pretty open but I guarantee it will be filled with mad dashing Christmas shoppers on performance day. It will be a bit of a challenge dancing through the crowd, but as long as we stay in a close knit group we should be fine.
We did some last minute formation and spacing changes in order to keep us close together. At one point in the dance when we do our diagnol walks, I felt as though I was going to walk into a store, so I have to make sure to keep tight with the rest of the group.

As we were dancing, we had some audience members of people walking through the mall. It was nice to have them appreciate our dance. They even smiled and clapped which was nice. There were also people who walked right through our "stage" area which was a bit of a challenge, but we must be prepared for that to happen on Thursday. It willl be interesting to see how it all folds out. So far it looks great and we are all well rehearsed. The flowers that we get to hold throughout the dance gives the piece a splash of refreshing colour too!

Come check it out, this Thursday at 7pm at the Eaton Centre right in front of the Swarovski Christmas tree.


1 comment:

  1. I always use to get that "hard to sleep" challenge everytime I got home from rehearsals and practices. I think you're just pumped up and excited!

    Kill it tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete