Sunday, January 31, 2010

Goodbye January!



The weekend is over! It always seems to go by so quick doesn't it? Thankfully we have a long weekend in 2 weeks.

I love Sunday nights because they are so calm and chill. Right now I am watching the Grammys. Lady Gaga and Elton John just opened up the show together which was pretty awesome. It was almost like watching a pair at a duelling piano bar with Elton on one side and Gaga on the other. Who knew Gaga even played piano?! I sure didn't! But I applaud her. I think she is truly the next Madonna! She has that shock value where you never know what to expect. Her outfits, her hair, her sets....it's always one big unconventional show. She is one crazy lady and I like it!

This week was quite the week! On Wednesday I went to a USS concert presented by YouTube as part of Advertising Week in Toronto (see pics). This was my second time seeing these guys perform (first was at Sausage Fest in August). I've liked these guys since their hit song "Hallow Point Sniper Hyperbole" hit the airwaves early this summer. They have a very unique sound--kind of a spunky funk/dance feel. They also have amazing energy on stage! While they were performing on Wednesday they began jumping around on stage and even came down to dance with us in the crowd! I really love when bands have fun with the crowd, it really sparks a great connection with them. And what makes this band even more great? They are CANADIAN!! :)


On Friday night I went to another show at the Hard Rock Cafe with my friend Ashley. There was some sort of rock competition show going on and Ashley knew one of the bands, Moira Darling. They are a metal/grunge band from Belleville and to be honest, I am a HUGE fan of such hard rock, but these guys were pretty good! I like the Hard Rock Cafe, it's a nice comfortable venue and very clean. It's right at Dundas Square so the view is amazing while chilling in the upstairs bar area.

Last night I went to visit Eric in Barrie. We went out for a nice dinner and then relaxed at home. Today I went to visit my parents. It was nice to see them because I think they really miss my sister and I not being home all the time. I guess it's a hard transition period to see your kids growing up and fleeing the nest. But I hope that they know they are still needed and I will always be around for them. Especially now that we are getting our new puppy!! I have been thinking about maybe moving back home for a few months starting in March just to help out with the training. However, as much as I love being at home....it can also drive me a little crazy :S

So tomorrow is February! I can't believe it! I am very excited though because next week I am officially starting my condo search. The areas I am mainly looking at are Liberty Village, Bloor West Village and Downsview. It's going to be fun looking for a place to call my own, but it's also going to take a lot of work and patience. In the end I think it will be worth it though.

So goodbye January! Welcome Fabulous February :)

No comments:

Post a Comment