Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Dog...Old Feelings

Well it's been 8 lonely months since our beloved West Highland Terrier, Calvin passed away. It's been so rough not having him in the house. I used to get so excited to visit home because I knew I would always be warmly welcomed with Calvin's sharp bark and warm cuddles. I feel like a piece of the family puzzle is missing. When Calvin was around, somehow, our family all connected. He was the center of our world. When he died, a little part of each of us died inside. I had never seen my father in such an emotional state; it was indeed the deepest tragedy our family has had to go through.







And now...here we are, already with a new westie ready for us to pick up and take home to call our own. It feels a bit weird to be getting another one so soon, but I am also excited. I know it won't be the same as Calvin, but I am hoping it will bring some happiness and life to the house, especially for Mom and Dad. With my sister and I gone from the house, they are pretty lonely and need something to keep them entertained.







It's amazing what animals can do for people and their spirits. It truly is a remarkable thing that I will always treasure. Pets are what make us complete. I never understood people who hated pets, because I feel like they are really missing out on great companionship, amazing memories and a piece of their soul.







I have attached a picture of my two previous pets, Buzzy the bunny and Calvin the westie. Sometimes just looking at the pictures make me weepy, but they also bring back old feelings of happiness and joy. In addition, I have attached a picture of our new westie, who is still nameless! We are getting him in a short one month's time! So far the names we like are: Mac, Charlie, Simon and Ben. What are your suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment