Sunday, January 3, 2010

Eff Resolutions!

So it's officially the new year...welcome 2010!
I suppose this is the time of year where people think it's a good idea to make changes. These changes aka resolutions, in my opinion, are stupid. Why must we wait until January to make changes in our lives? If we want something to change, why can't we do it right away? It never made sense to me. But I guess there is no harm in trying to better yourself. At least with a positive mindset, one can at least attempt to achieve these goals. But as I said, I don't make resolutions, because knowing me, they would be broken within two weeks. Instead, I like to look at what is ahead for the following 12 months and see what amazing things are ahead.
This year I plan to take a vacation to somewhere warm. Perhaps Miami or Mexico. This past weekend I just bought a pair of skates and hope to get out and actually try to enjoy the dreadful season of winter. My family is also hoping to get another dog in the spring, so that will be a lot of work on all our parts. But I am looking forward to it because I miss having a dog. This year shall bring some crazy fun, that is for sure! But I assume there will also be a lot of bad things happening in the world as well....
Yesterday night I went to the website for Psychic Nikki, a frequent guest on the Dean Blundell radio show on Edge 102.1. On her website she gives a giant list of her predictions for the upcoming year from upcoming fashion trends to celebrity deaths. At first I laughed as I scrolled down the list, until I reached the bottom of the page where it shows the predictions Nikki made last year and which of them were true. Among the 2009 predictions were the death of Michael Jackson, Sarah Palin's tell all book and the plane crash over the Hudson River.
This kind of freaked me out a little because of how accurate and specific her predictions were. For her 2010 predicitions, she predicts such things as a terrorist attack in Toronto, Buckingham Palace catching fire and an Obama assassination. How scary is that?!
I don't know much about psychics or how accurate they are, but if she predicted the above mentioned things for 2009, I am a little bit worried.
But who knows? Maybe she is just guessing. Or maybe it's like those tabloid "newspapers" you see on the stand that claim "Jesus is coming" and the "End of the World is Here". Complete and utter fluff. But who knows?! These are just the opinions and predictions of others, wheteher we choose to believe or not is another story.
Check out some of Psychic Nikki's predictions for 2010 here: http://www.psychicnikki.com/predictions.html

No comments:

Post a Comment