Monday, February 14, 2011

Dog Sitting Day 1: Being Bossed Around

It's my first official day of dogsitting while Mom and Dad are gone away on their cruise, and so far so good, except for the fact that I can't seem to say no to this little dog. What's a girl to do when those soft doe like eyes peer up at you when you are eating, or when those tiny paws scratch the edge of your bed?! You can't say no! My name is Natasha and I am a sucker for puppies.

It's like that episode of How I Met Your Mother when Lily and Marshall have the teacup pig and Lily has to practice saying "No" on the teacup pig for when she has to say it to her old ex boyfriend at work. Almost the same scenario!! Like last night for example, I went to bed at around midnight but was woken up at 1:35am to little Beau yelping at me from the bottom of the bed. I get up to see what he wants, his big beady eyes staring at me while he makes a motion for me to follow him to the family room. At first I think he just wants to play and I am in no mood for games. I follow him to the couch where he motions for me to lift him onto the couch, and I obediently follow his order. Then I lie down on the couch, showing him my lack of energy while he snuggles up beside me. I guess he just wanted a change of scenery? And so I ended up ditching my big comfy bed with fluffy pillows for a cold, stiff leather couch. Needless to say, my bed for the night was dictated by a 20lb West Highland Terrier. I wonder what bed he will pick for me tonight? The basement couch? Let's hope not, Beau.

1 comment:

  1. awww the teacup pig episode! It's just so hard to get mad at cute faces. And I bet Beau loved the snuggle! I hope he picks your bed next time!

    ReplyDelete