Saturday, February 26, 2011

Half way there!! Woahhh Living on a Prayer!!

Happy Weekend All! It's the last weekend of February if you can believe it. Where did the month go? I am glad to see February go though, bring on the warm weather!!
I went for a quick 30 minute run today at the gym but at a slower pace. I find that doing timed workouts as opposed to distance workouts are better for me and I end up going a lot further and I am less tired at the end. So today I ran 5.25km which is about half way to my 10km! (Nothing to do with Bon Jovi--just thought I was being funny) I am tres excited!! I can't believe I am actually doing this. It makes me happy to know I will be running with some of my closest friends. It will be a great accomplishment we can say we did together.

Tomorrow Katrina, Eric and I are taking my parents to go see the Johnny Cash tribute show happening at the Panasonic Theatre downtown. I am looking forward to it! It seems like a really good show and the lady I was speaking with at work yesterday told me at the end, the actor who plays Cash comes out to the audience to take pictures and answer questions. Hopefully it will be a nice little afternoon for the family.

I am going through Beau withdrawl. That little guy has his paw imprinted on my heart!! He just makes me so happy inside!! Shannon and I were joking around about getting a dog for the condo...I mean who doesn't like being tackled by a sweet little puppy when you get home from work? I feel so loved!! The only downside is they are a lot of work and need constant attention. I would feel way too guilty leaving him alone, and I am rarely home so maybe not such a good idea :P

The Oscars are on this weekend and two of my favourite stars are the hosts: James Franco and Anne Hathaway!! I think they are both just lovely and I think they will have a good chemistry for the show. I can't wait to watch the red carpet and check out all the nominees and winners.
Who do you think is going to win big this year?!

1 comment:

  1. Yeaaaaaa 5.25k!! Sometimes it is so much easier to just give yourself a time frame to run in and see how far you go. It can have less pressure that way!

    62 days 'til the SportingLife 10K!!! :)

    I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE ACADEMY AWARDS! I love, love, love Anne and James! They will be hilarious!

    I'm sure King's Speech will be taking home a lot of awards this evening!

    ReplyDelete